About the Tech Fee
Students majoring in the arts pay a technology fee in addition to their tuition each semester. The fee is currently $162 for a full -time student. The money collected from this fee directly benefits the student's department, i.e. a Theatre Major's tech fee goes to the Department of Theatre. Below is a breakdown of how this fee is used to support the Department of Theatre. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jim Knapp, the department's technology coordinator.
Technology Supported by the Technology Fee
- Computer Lab, 1112 Drake Center. Open to all Theatre Majors, Graduate and Undergraduate. The tech fee supports all software and hardware (including upgrades) available in the computer lab, including Autocad, Microsoft Office Suite, WordPerfect, Photoshop. Fireworks, Dreamweaver, AfterFX, Director, Flash, Freehand Illustrator, Indesigh, Premeire, Cooledit Pro, AudtoBlock, LightWrite, SFX.
- Portions of the "Smart Classrooms," Rooms 0078, 0101, 0107, 2038, 2064, 2068, and 2072 of the Drake Center. Open to all Theatre Majors, Graduate and Undergraduate.
- Roy Bowen Theatre Sound Lab. Open to students in the Sound Design area, Sound Design classes, and Production Sound Designers.
- Portions of the Thurber Sound Lab. Open to students in the Sound Design area, Sound Design classes, and Production Sound Designers.
- Dimmer Pack and Power Upgrades, Mount Hall Studio Theatre. Open to students in the Lighting Design area, Lighting Design classes, and Production Lighting Designers.
- Theatre 2100 GTA Lab, 2046 Drake Center. Open to Theatre 2100 Graduate Teaching Assistants.
- Film/Video Lab, Drake Center. Open to students in Film/Video courses and students specializing in Film/Video.