Please read this entire page of instructions before beginning an application.
We recruit annually at URTA and LINK. We also meet many potential students independently and we encourage you to contact our faculty direclty to learn more about the program or schedule a campus visit.
- Dan Gray, Scene Design
- Kristine Kearney, Costume Design
- Alex Oliszewski, Media Design
- Brad Steinmetz, Scene Design
The first step in our application process is to share your work with our faculty. Send your materials to the department directly via email. The materials we need to see include:
- Statement of purpose articulating your interests and goals
- Current CV or resume
- Unofficial transcript
- Portfolio of your work or link to online portfolio
- Two letters of reference (signed on letterhead)
The second step would be for us to meet. Even students who we've met at URTA or LINK, we strongly encourage to visit our campus if at all possible. This gives you a chance to meet all of our faculty as well as our current graduate students. You also get an up-close look at all of our facilities, venues, and studios. We strive to provide as complete an experience of our program as possible.
Finally, if the faculty recommend you for admission, we will invite you to complete the Ohio State Graduate School Application. Include the following materials with the application:
- December 2 for international applicants who wish to be considered for a fellowship
- January 6 for U.S. applicants who wish to be considered for a fellowship
- March 15 for U.S. and international applicants who wish to be considered for an assistantship
- April 6 for U.S. and international applicants who do not wish to be considered for funding
If you have any questions about the process or need additional information, please contact the External Relations Coordinator.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact email@example.com.