Please read this entire page of instructions carefully before beginning an application.
- December 1 for international applicants who wish to be considered for a university fellowship or a department assistantship
- January 6 for U.S. applicants who wish to be considered for a university fellowship or a department assistantship
- January 31 for U.S. and international applicants who do not wish to be considered for funding
The first step in our application process is to complete the Department of Theatre Application. Include the following materials with the application:
- Statement of purpose articulating your interests and goals
- Current CV or resume
- Unofficial transcript
- Writing sample (published or unpublished) that demonstrates research, analysis, and expository writing
Within the online application you will be asked to supply the names of your recommenders as well as their email addresses. Once you submit your application your recommenders will receive an email with a link for them to upload their eltter. Please note that your recommenders will NOT receive an email until after you have submitted your completed application online. After you submit your application, please notify your recommenders that they will receive an email from SlideRoom.com.
The second step in our application process is to complete the Ohio State Graduate School Application. Include the following materials with the application:
- One official copy of transcripts or record of marks for each university-level school attended, including English translation of any foreign documents
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB scores for international applicants or U.S. applicants whose native language is not English
You do NOT need to include the materials submitted in the department application (see step 1) when applying to the Graduate School. Those materials will be uploaded to your application by the department.
If you have any questions about the process or need additional information, please contact the External Relations Coordinator.