Inclement Weather Policy: If The Ohio State University (Columbus Campus) is closed OR if classes cancelled OR if Franklin County issues a Level 2 or Level 3 snow emergency, it is possible that scheduled events will NOT take place and will be rescheduled as permitted. This page AND the event page will be updated should this occur.
The Ticket Office is located on the 2nd floor of the Drake Performance & Event Center, one level up from street, off the lobby of the theatres, toward the south end of the building. We are located on the same level as the bridge from Morrill Tower. If using the elevator at the north end of the building, you'll need to push 1 to reach the lobby level.
Tickets can be purchased in person at the Ohio State Theatre Ticket Office or online through Ticketmaster. Discounted tickets are only available through the Ohio State Theatre Ticket Office. You may also complete our online Ticket Request to have a member of our Ticket Office staff contact you. Or give us a call during normal operating hours (see below) at 614-292-2295. Tickets are also available in person at the location of the event, 1-2 hours before each event, depending on the location (see below).
Normal operating hours
(September - August, when OSU is in session, fall and spring semesters) - Ohio State Academic Calendar
- Monday through Friday 10am to 4pm.
- On performance days, the Ticket Office opens for walk-up sales 90 minutes before each performance in the Drake Center.
- For performances not in the Drake Center: the ticket offices at Sullivant Hall (Dance) and Weigel (School of Music) open 60 minutes before each performance. CAPA ticket offices (the Lincoln Theatre, Capitol Theatre) open 2 hours before each performance. All ticket offices accept cash and credit cards. Buck-ID and checks are only accepted at Drake.
- Our ticket office will open on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 for Autumn 2015 and January 11, 2017 for Spring 2017.
Methods of Payment
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Buck-ID, Cash and Check. Buck-ID and checks are only accepted at Drake.
- The Ohio State Theatre Box Office is NO LONGER a Ticketmaster Ticket Center.
Box Office Policies
- Refunds and Exchanges: All sales are final and non-refundable. However, if you have tickets to an event that has multiple performances AND the performance that you have tickets for has not passed, you can bring your tickets to the Ohio State Theatre Ticket Office for re-sale. We will attempt to sell your ticket to a cash paying customer and will notify you via email if we are successful. Season Voucher holders may make unlimited exchanges.
- Children: Everyone attending a performance must have a ticket and must be able to sit in a seat. Infants and newborns are not permitted. Children five and under are not permitted unless the show is specifically intended for young audiences.
- Cameras & Recording Devices: Cameras and other recording devices (audio, video and still) are not permitted in the theatre and may be confiscated if used during a performance.
- Cell Phones and Personal Electronic Devices: The use of cell phones and other electronic devices is strictly prohibited. Cellular phones and other devices can cause distractions to performers and other patrons and will be confiscated. Please turn all devices off!
- Seating Policy: Because of the unique layout of our theaters there is absolutely no late seating OR re-seating once a performance has begun. If the show has an intermission, patrons arriving late or leaving during the performance will be re-seated at the intermission. Every effort is made to start performances at the announced time unless there is an unavoidable delay.
- Smoking: The Drake Performance & Event Center is a non-smoking, tobacco-free-facility.
- In case of emergency: Parents and doctors are advised to leave their seat location (located on ticket) and our emergency number, (614) 292-7258, with their sitter or service. You may also check in with the Box Office Manager, Rachel Barnes, if you are expecting a call.
- Personal Responsibility Statement: The Ohio State University Department of Theatre prides itself on offering a diverse selection of arts entertainment for the Central Ohio community. Not all productions may appeal to or be appropriate for every person or for all ages. Patrons are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the shows we offer in order to make informed decisions prior to purchasing tickets.
1849 Cannon Drive
Columbus, OH 43210-1266
Phone: (614) 292-2295
Fax: (614) 292-3222